“When God Doesn’t… He IS.”
The certainty of God’s character in the uncertainty of life
- OLD TESTAMENT EVENTS… GOD AND HIS FAITHFUL CHILDREN
- WHAT WE CAN KNOW ABOUT WHO GOD IS FOR US
- NOT ALL ABOUT WHAT HE DOES FOR US
- HEBREWS 13:5-8 …because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”… Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
- JAMES 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego: Daniel, Chapter 3
WHEN GOD DOESN’T DELIVER US FROM FLAMES…
WORLDLY POSITION CAN BE LOST.
THEY HAD POSITION (OVER THE PROVINCE OF BABYLON)
WORLDLY REPUTATION CAN BE LOST.
GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE (AS OPPOSED TO “IMMEDIATELY THROWN”)
FAITH IN GOD IS CALLED ON THE CARPET.
INSPIRATION: “EVEN IF HE DOESN’T”
…HE IS WALKING WITH US.
WHAT WE SAY WE BELIEVE BECOMES PEOPLE SEEING WHAT WE BELIEVE.
FOUR MEN WALKING… ONE “LOOKS LIKE A SON OF THE GODS”
NOT DELIVERED “FROM”, BUT DELIVERED “IN” BY HIS PRESENCE
- POWERFUL TESTIMONY
- NOT A HAIR SINGED!
- CLOTHES NOT SCORCHED!
- NO SMELL OF FIRE ON THEM!
THE RESULTS ARE ABOVE REPUTATION.
NO ONE ALLOWED TO SPEAK ILL OF GOD… “NO OTHER GOD CAN SAVE THIS WAY”
LOST WORLDLY POSITION BECOMES OUR PLACE IN THIS WORLD.
THE THREE GOT PROMOTIONS IN PROVINCE OF BABYLON
- (BACK IN “WORLD” WITH TESTIMONY WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE!)
“So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.’” – Hebrews 13:6