BEING SENT AS ONE1
“FIRST SEEK THE COUNSEL OF THE LORD.”
Who is discipling and/or influencing me?
Key Passage: II Chronicles, Chapter 18
Psalm 16:7 I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.
The Lord is MY COUNSELOR.
- “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.” / Spirit of Truth
Proverbs 12:15 & 15:22 The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice… Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.
The Lord USES OTHERS.
- 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.”
Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked (ungodly)…
I must make sure I listen to GODLY COUNSEL.
Job 38:2-3 2“Who is this (three friends) that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge? 3Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.
Not all that SOUNDS Godly is GODLY.
- Semi-Godly most dangerous!
II Chronicles, Chapter 18… COUNSEL FOR LIVING VICTORIOUSLY:
- 18:1-4, FIRST SEEK THE COUNSEL OF THE LORD.
- 18:5-6, MAKE SURE MY “OTHERS” ARE HIS “OTHERS.”
- 18:7-8, LISTEN FOR WHAT I NEED, NOT JUST WHAT I LIKE.
- 18:9-13, POPULARITY DOESN’T MAKE IT TRUE.
- 18:14-16, TRUTH CAN BE DIFFICULT FOR THE SPEAKER.
- 18:17-22, GOD WILL TRIP-UP GODLESS ADVISERS.
- 18:23-27, TRUTH OUTLASTS STUBBORN RESISTANCE.
“Love does not delight in evil (godlessness) but rejoices in the truth.”
Ch. 19, JEHOSHOPHAT: Heart for God & continued reign & pass on to kids
AHAB: Heart for self & loss of life
WHO IS DISCIPLING ME AND WHO IS INFLUENCING ME?