“Through the Looking Glass” The Kingdom of Heaven as seen through the parables of Jesus
“For now we see through a glass…” – I Cor. 13:12
The Gate – John 10:7-10
LAST WEEK: THE GOOD SHEPHERD & THE GATEKEEPER… THIS WEEK: THE GATE
10 7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
ACCES TO SECURITY AND ADVENTURE!
- PROTECTIVE BOUNDARIES / WATCHCARE / WARMTH TOGETHER
- “THE GATE”… SHEPHERD LAYS HIMSELF IN OPENING!
- ADVENTURES IN WILDERNESS
- “I am sending you out as sheep among wolves…” “My prayer is not that you take them out of the world, but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world…”
- “…not of the world”… WITH EYES ON THE SHEPHERD!
ACCES TO ABUNDANCE AND SCARCITY!
- THE “FOOD” IS “OUT THERE!”
- WHAT HAPPENS IF WE STAY IN THE FOLD?
- WHAT HAPPENS IF WE STAY OUT OF THE FOLD?
- VULNERABLE TO PREDATORS
- ROCKY & BARREN TERRAIN… TRUST SHEPHERD TO PROVIDE
ACCES TO EXERCISE AND REST!
ACCES TO DIVINE POWER AND HUMAN SUPPORT!
- LAYS DOWN LIFE… TAKES IT UP AGAIN!
- KNOWS YOU, YOU KNOW HIM!
- WHAT YOU NEED
- WHAT HE NEEDS FROM YOU
- “THERE’S A CHURCH THAT NEEDS YOU.”
- HUDDLE IN THE FOLD
- BODY DYNAMICS
ACCES TO EARTHLY IMPACT AND HEAVENLY IMMORTALITY!
- GO AND MAKE DISCIPLES OF ALL NATIONS (!)
- II TIMOTHY 4:6-8 6 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
“ALL-ACCESS PASS” = LIFE TO THE FULL!
“The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy”
“Whoever has ears, let them hear.” – #Jesus@matthew11.15